Bananas are more than just a healthy fruit that can offer you a boost of sugar for an increase of energy. Bananas contain potassium, fiber, vitamins B6 and C, manganese, magnesium, and a compound known as cytolcin, which is believed to increase the amount of the white blood cells and to strengthen the immunity.
Bananas with Brown Spots
Usually, people don’t eat bananas when they have brown spots on the skin, thinking that this is a sign of the banana being rotten. However, studies have shown that the more dark patches bananas have, the more TNF they contain. TNF stands for tumor necrosis factor and this substance can fight off abnormal cells in the body and thus, prevent cancer. Research has shown that TNF interferes with the growth of tumor cells and destroys them. Therefore, you shouldn’t worry about eating a banana with brown spots.
The Benefits of Bananas
To benefit from the nutritive values of bananas, you should eat 2 bananas per day. Here are some of the benefits bananas have to offer:
- Supply you with energy– bananas will supply you with energy and increase your endurance.
- Treat depression– bananas are rich in tryptophan which the body converts into serotonin. As you may already know, this is a brain neurotransmitter that betters our mood.
- Lowers high blood pressure– bananas have the power to reduce blood pressure and reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack.
- Treats heartburn– bananas are known to provide immediate relief from acid reflux and heartburn.
- Beneficial against anemia- bananas contain iron which stimulates the red blood cells and the production of hemoglobin.
- Alleviates constipation- as bananas have fiber, they encourage bowel movements and thus, provide natural relief from constipation.