Nowadays, detox baths have become very popular since people are more and more aware about their health benefits. Baths are good because they help us detox the body from harmful substances. Namely, even though our body flushes out toxins every day, there are some substances that remain trapped in the body and may cause other health complications like chronic diseases, frequent headaches, and tiredness. Often, substances which the body failed to absorb eventually become toxins.
Health Benefits of Detox Baths
- Controls diabetes
- Encourages weight loss and reduces cellulite
- Makes you feel and look younger
- Alleviates arthritis ache
- Relieves muscle and joint ache
- Decreases stress
- Betters the quality of sleep
How to Make Your Own Detox Bath
You will need:
Half a cup of baking soda
A handful of Epsom salt
10 drops of some essential oil
Recommendations for essential oils:
- Peppermint essential oil is good against tiredness, stomach ache, respiratory problems, herpes infections, dandruff, and nervous disorders.
- Cedarwood essential oil is known for its ability to alleviate depression and it has antispasmodic, tonic, diuretic, astrigent, and sedative characteristics)
- Chamomile and rosemary essential oils have analgesic, hepatic, sedative, nervine, digestive, tonic, antibiotic, and antidepressant properties.
- Grapefruit essential oil has antioxidant, antiseptic, antidepressant, diuretic, and lymphatic characteristics and it can maintain the skin clear and better the overall strength and well-being.
Fill your bathtub with warm water and add the ingredients. Enter the bathtub and soak for 20 minutes. Afterwards, shower with cool water. Before and after the bath, it’s good to drink a lot of water.
Important to note: Pregnant women and people who suffer from certain health problems should consult their physicians prior to a detox bath.