Apple cider vinegar is without doubt one of the most versatile ingredients ever. It has been used since ancient times as a treatment for different health problems, that is, from colds and infections, kidney stones, and hypertension to allergies and arthritis. In 400 B.C., Hippocrates, the father of medicine, used vinegar to treat patients due to its powerful cleansing, energizing, and healing characteristics.
Buying the Right ACV
It’s important to mention that when you’re purchasing apple cider vinegar, you should buy the one which contains the “mother”, i.e. it will be listed on the label. It occurs naturally as connected strand-like chains of protein enzyme molecules.
The Health Benefits of ACV
Even though it’s acidic in nature, vinegar is actually good in balancing the body’s pH, supporting your overall health, reducing chronic inflammation, and preventing diseases.
50 Beneficial Uses of Apple Cider Vinegar
- If you have problems with dandruff, mix equal parts of water and vinegar in a spray bottle and spray it onto the hair after shampooing. Leave it for 15 minutes before rinsing it off. Repeat the procedure for several days until the dandruff disappears.
- If your throat is sore and itchy, drink a mixture of a tsp of ACV, a tsp of cayenne pepper, 3 tsp of raw honey, and a glass of warm water. The antibacterial properties of ACV and honey will speed up the healing process while the capsaicin in cayenne pepper will reduce the pain.
- To prevent unpleasant foot odor, pour some ACV onto wet wipes and store them in a plastic bag and put them in the fridge. Use when needed. You can also use them as underarm deodorizer.
- If you suffer from gases and constipation, mix one tbsp of ACV and a glass of warm water. Drink it prior to a meal. Vinegar will encourage the production of digestive juices and this will help the body break down food easily.
- To treat heartburn, mix one tbsp of ACV in water or tea and drink the mixture. Add some honey for a more pleasant taste.
- If you have oily skin, apply a washcloth previously soaked in ACV.
- To soothe sunburns and restore the skin’s pH, soak in a bathwater mixed with 2 cups of ACV.
- To whiten your teeth, apply some diluted ACV onto the teeth with your toothbrush and then rinse the cavity with water. However, be careful not to repeat the procedure too often as ACV can destroy the tooth enamel.
- If you need a natural, all-purpose cleaner, ACV is here to help you. Just mix 1 part water, 1 part ACV, and 2 drops of your favorite essential oil in a spray bottle.
- To get rid of unpleasant odor, mix 1 part water and 1 part ACV in a spray bottle and spray it in areas where bad odor is present.
- You can use ACV on its own to kill weeds, but you can also mix it with water, dish soap, salt, lemon juice, etc. for an even better effect.
- To repel flea from pets, spray your pet with ACV and also spray its bed.
- To get rid of skin tags, warts, and moles, soak one cotton ball in ACV and put it onto the affected area and attach it with duct tape. Leave it overnight and in the morning, remove the duct tape and rinse the area. Repeat the procedure every night until the mole, wart, etc. is gone.
- To soothe burns, apply ACV onto the burned skin area. ACV will also disinfect the area and speed up the healing process. However, you should never apply it onto open wounds.
- To speed up the healing of bruises, warm up one cup of ACV and mix it with a tsp of salt and apply it onto the bruise as a compress.
- To treat bad breath, gargle with a mixture of one tbsp of ACV and a cup of water.
- For a soothing aftershave treatment, mix 1 part water and 1 part ACV and apply it onto the shaved area.
- To liven up condiments, add some ACV to the sauce, marinade, etc. For a simple topping for meat or salad, mix some ACV, olive oil, and fresh herbs.
- To better the taste of fruit juices, add some ACV. This goes for fresh-pressed juice only, not store-bought ones.
- To enhance the taste of soups, add a drop or two of ACV.
- For an additional lift of baked goods, add some ACV.
- ACV has potent antifungal properties. Hence, dilute it with some water and apply it topically onto the affected area.
- To alleviate sore muscles, mix one tbsp of ACV and some water and drink it or rub it onto the painful areas.
- To treat jellyfish or poison ivy stings, apply some ACV onto the area for immediate relief.
- Taking ACV on a regular basis will balance the blood sugar levels.
- To clear a stuffy nose, sip a cup of water mixed with ACV. It will break up the mucus and reduce discomfort.
- To strengthen your immunity, take half a tbsp of ACV with some lemon water or tea every morning.
- For an additional boost of energy, add some ACV to your morning juice or smoothie.
- To better the quality of your skin, mix one tsp of ACV and some water and apply the mixture with the help of a cotton ball onto the face.
- To soothe an upset stomach, mix 2 tsp of ACV, a tbsp of fresh ginger water, a tbsp of fresh lemon juice, 8 oz. of sparkling water, and a bit of raw honey. Drink the mixture when you feel bloated or uncomfortable.
- To prevent pets from scratching your furniture, spray a mixture of ACV and water onto couches, chairs, etc. once per week.
- For a soothing detox bath, add a cup of ACV, 1/3 cup of Epsom salt, 5 drops of some essential oil.
- To thoroughly wash veggies and fruits before eating them and to remove pesticides and chemicals, clean them with ACV and water.
- If you’ve added too much cayenne pepper or salt to your meal, add a tsp of ACV to neutralize the strong taste.
- To trap flies, mix some ACV and a drop of dish soap in a bowl and leave it on the counter.
- To eliminate urine smell from clothing, add half a cup of ACV to the washing machine.
- To treat after-workout tiredness, drink a mixture of one cup of water and a tbsp of ACV. The amino acids in vinegar are the perfect antidote.
- To treat yeast infections, add one and a half cup of ACV to your bathwater and soak in it for 20 minutes.
- To prevent allergies, mix a tbsp of ACV, a tbsp of raw honey, and a cup of water and drink it daily.
- If you suffer from cramps, Rub ACV onto the affected areas for immediate relief.
- To detangle hair, spray it with a mixture of 1 part ACV and 1 part water prior to combing.
- For an extra cleansing power of bone broth, add several spoons of ACV.
- Take a mixture of half a tbsp and fresh lemon water every morning before breakfast to encourage weight loss.
- For a shiny hair, rinse it with 1 part ACV and 11 part water.
- To relieve tired hand and foot muscles, rub some ACV onto them.
- To alkalize the body, consume ACV on a regular basis.
- To detox the liver, take a mixture of 2 tsp of ACV and 8 oz. of water in the morning and then consume fresh and organic fruits and veggies, as well as a lot of water throughout the day.
- To fight off Candida, take half a tbsp of ACV daily.
- To remove grease, add some ACV to your dish detergent.
- To relieve gout, take 2 tbsp of ACV, 2 to 3 times per day.